Monday, December 19, 2011

Festive Cheesecake Pops

This project included many firsts for me. A while back, my husband commended me on my awesome cake pops and mentioned that I might try to make them out of cheesecake. I thought long and hard about this and initially wanted to shape the pops into balls like I would the cake pops. After much deliberation, I decided to go with little cheesecake squares so that I would be able to include a crust on the bottom. There's just something about the perfect cheesecake crust that ties the whole thing together. I'll even let you in on a little secret... I use cinnamon in my crust and I think it makes a world of difference! Here's the finished product...














Another first for me was making my own icing. I quickly grew tired of constantly buying icing from the store so I decided to make my own. How hard could it be, right? Turns out, it's not hard to make icing, it's hard to get it the right color and consistency. Remember... too much corn syrup makes it diluted and too much confectioner's sugar makes it too thick to work with. Three words... trial and error :) I finally got it down.

I even made my husband take a big bite out of a cheesecake pop so I can show all of you what they look like inside.

1 comment: