Sunday, February 12, 2012

Puppy Cake Pops

I made these pops for the Southern Nevada Beagle Rescue Foundation the other day. It was my first experience with fondant. I must admit, I cheated and did NOT make the fondant from scratch. I simply bought chocolate fondant from Michael's (I should own stock in that place) and rolled it straight out of the box. All I needed was some confectioner's sugar to keep the stuff from sticking to every surface in my kitchen. I rolled it really thin and used small leaf cut outs, also purchased from Michael's. One bit of advise for anyone reading this who has not worked with fondant before... work fast cause it dries up at a remarkable rate. Once the leaves were cut out, I used icing to stick them to the pops. The eyes are black confetti icing and the rest of the face is dark chocolate that I piped on.

I included chocolate pops with paw prints on the top just to mix it up but rumor has it that the puppy pops were much more popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment